Add some green to your Halloween with a treat that looks mean but is frightfully healthy. The Green Meanies may look like the mouths of little monsters but they are sure to keep your young ones happy and healthy come old Hallows Eve. This is the easiest Halloween recipe that you will find and it won’t take you longer than 10 minutes to prepare from start to finish.
Time: 10 minutes
What do you need? 4 green apples, peanut butter, almonds
- Cut apple in half stem side up on cutting board, leave one inch to remove stem and core.
- Cut each half into a quarter and then each quarter in half with a crinkle cutter leaving you with eight toothed wedges for your Green Meanies’.
- If you don’t have a crinkle cutter available file the above step with a normal knife and carefully carve teeth into apple with the knife.
- Spread two teaspoon of peanut butter on wide edge of each apple slice.
- Allign one apple slice on top of another with another aligning the edges to resemble jaws.
- Insert almond slivers to create fangs and serve when ready.