The Tombstone Delight is a terrifyingly easy recipe that makes for a perfect Halloween snack or dessert. We can pretty much guarantee that this is the tastiest graveyard treat you are ever going to come across. The mousse is easy to put together and you can even add a touch of liqueur to it for that special added kick from the netherworld. The tombstone shapes can be replicated simply with cookies and icing while the cocoa topping gives the perfect impression of top soil. If you are feeling creative add some gummy worms or skeleton candy for a unique touch to this delicious sweet.
Time: 15 minutes preparation, 30 minutes chilling time.
What you need: 14 ounces or 3 cups of semisweet or bitter-sweet chocolate, 2 large eggs, 2 cups of whipping cream, 1/3 cup coffee or flavoured liqueur (optional), ½ cup of wafer crumbs, cookies, decorative icing.
- Place chocolate in blender or use mixer to ensure that chocolate is finely chopped, pour into a bowl
- Put eggs and yolks into blender and mix
- In a 4 cup glass measurer heat whipping cream in a microwave oven until cream boils. Typically between 3 – 5 minutes full power.
- Mix boiling creame with egg in mixer or blender and mix at high speed .
- Combine hot cream mixture, chopped chocolate and liquor (optional) into a blender or mix in large bowl until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into 8 glasses (½ cup size)
- Chill until softly set 30 – 45 minutes
- Spoon tablespoon of wafer crumbs onto each pot de crème to add the texture of mud.
- Insert a tombstone cookie, can use store bought cookies with icing messages
- Let sit 30 minutes prior to serving for optimum results.