What do you get when you combine a carnivores venomous spider with a Halloween cocktail? A bloody great drink, that’s what. The Black Widow cocktail looks fantastically elegant and is easy to make, but be warned, the vodka fuelled drink packs toxicity similar to that of its namesake sting so make sure that you drink this one in moderation.
Blavod Black Vodka
3 oz. cranberry juice
1. Fill small or large cocktail glass with ice
2. Pour Cranberry Juice over ice
3. Lightly pour vodka into ice and enjoy
3. Pumpkin Eggnog
So, you may have made a Jack-o’-lantern and you may have come across our plethora of pumpkin related recipes but just when you thought there was nothing left for you to do with that pumpkin, think again! Now you can make pumpkin Eggnog a delightfully frightful Halloween concoction with a kick.
4 Cups of Milk
1 Can pumpkin puree
7 large eggs
1 Cup granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp of freshly ground nutmeg
1 Cup of whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
10 – 12 Cinnamon sticks
- In large saucepan, whisk pumpkin puree and milk, bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Beat together eggs and sugar in heat resistant bowl
- Pour a small amount of hot milk in egg mixture, whisk eggs constantly, and repeat until the egg mixture is at the same temperature as the heated milk.
- Slowly and gradually add egg mixture to heated milk mixture
- Whisk the two mixtures together and begin to heat on medium-low
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg and continue to whisk constantly. When the mixture coats the back of a spoon remove from heat and stir in cream, vanilla and desired quantity of rum.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours, leaving at least 4 hours for the flavours within the mixture to blend.
- For optimum results use a hallowed out pumpkin to store the Eggnog, this will make a great interactive centrepiece for any Halloween party.
Tip: Typically when attempting this recipe for the first time it is very difficult to ensure that the eggs are tempered perfectly. If there are solid egg bits in your nog simply use a strainer when adding the mix to your chosen serving method before chilling.